ReNEW You Online Course
Taking care and nurturing others is what you do, it’s your calling, maybe even your passion.
By signing up for the ReNEW You course, you are taking action that honors and supports you!
*Graduate Credit Available for K-12 Educators
Here’s How It Works:
This is a six-week course with two start dates, delivered in a combination of online meetups via Zoom and independent lesson assignments. Course options include:
- Option 1: Wed. October 14, 2020 – Wed., November 18, 2020 with online meetups scheduled from 7:00 – 8:30 pm on 10/14, 11/4, and 11/18
- Option 2: Sat., October 17, 2020 – Sat., November 21, 2020 with online meetups scheduled from 8:30 – 10:00 am on 10/21, 11/7, and 11/2
The layout of the course involves:
- 3 – 90-minute group online meet-ups
- 6 – weekly lessons with a final project presented during the last online meet-up session
SESSION 1: RENEW BY INTENTION (Online meet-up – 1.5 hours)
- To recognize why self-care is important
- To receive resources to develop your own self-care plan based on the 8-areas of self-care.
- To familiarize participants with course format, the platform for sharing course documents through Google Classroom, and expectations
- Discover elements of acting to build skills in concentration and self-control
- Experience and incorporate the practice of guided meditation
SESSION 2: REV-UP & ReNEW (Self-guided via video recording – 1 hour)
Goals: (Movement & Music)
- Gain information on a framework for movement with purpose
- Determine types of movement that best support the brain, exercise and fitness.
- Discover the benefits of active music making versus passive music making, be introduced to active music making experiences through drumming, rhythmic activities and singing.
SESSION 3: COLOR-INFUSED ReNEWal (Self-guided via video recording – 1 hour)
- Discover the benefits of color and how color can be used to impact our emotions, environment, and the image we want to project to others.
SESSION 4: ReNEW by Design (Online meet-up – 1.5 hours)
- Acquire information on the practice of Feng Shui by a guest presenter and Feng Shui trained, Maren Day Woods
- Develop an understanding of the basic elements of this practice and how those elements can be applied to the creation of a space that best supports well-being.
SESSION 5: MINDFUL ReNEWal (Self-guided via video recording – 1 hour)
Goals: (visual arts & plan)
- Explore techniques and exercises that taps into the creative use of the visual arts as a tool for self-expression and communication.
- Investigate and develop personal self-care plans
SESSION 6: REVEL IN YOUR RENEWAL (Online meet-up – 1.5 hours)
- Present and submit your implemented self-care plans and results
This 15-hour course, involves:
- 4.5 hours of participation involving 3 online meet-up sessions
- 7 hours of engagement, completion, and submission of weekly self-guided video-based lessons and assignments.
- 3.5 hours of development, implementation, and presentation of a Self-Care Plan shared during each final meet-up session.
- Being prepared with all materials, tools, and resources as listed in lessons assigned
- Bringing a positive, inquisitive, and open mindset to each and every session
- Registering and submitting payment of $110.00 for course
**For educators interested in taking this course, graduate credit is available through UND for an additional fee of $50.
**For other professionals – CEU’s may be available as determined by your licensing board; a certificate of completion will be issued
o Information regarding registration and making payment for graduate credit will be provided during the first online meet-up session.
Here's How to Get Started:
- Click on the link below to register and pay the $110.00 course fee.
Once you’ve registered for the course, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with information regarding lessons/assignments and online meet-up information, prior to the start of each class option.